So, with no more ado, here they are, in their new magnetised storage box.
... have at their disposal three sections like this one, consisting of a superior junior leader (Sgt), a 3-man Bren team, 5 riflemen, and a corporal with a Sten gun.
When it comes to support, they have the option to reorganise one section with two Bren teams, and they can also call on an additional section. As the platoon lacks any integral anti-armour capability (other than Gammon bombs) I have four PIAT teams they can call on, all slightly different.
And if I want to get really nasty, I have a 3-man flamethrower team.
Unfortunately, the opposition will also get nasty, with the inevitable consequences, 7 men hors de combat, 1 walking wounded and another being carried in for the medic to treat while two others rummage through supplies looking for more meds.
Finally bringing up the tail, are some bailed-out tankers (that got included in the painting batch).
The Jeep crews are also finished, but their mounts are not, so they will have to await them before they get a photo-shoot. I also have the discarded parachute canopies, supply containers and wrecked Airspeed Horsa to complete before I can move on to something different.
Notes:
[1.] The vast majority of these figures are by Figures, Armour, Artillery (FAA), now in the States. A few, such as the Vickers gunners are by Adler, and some figures used the Adler separate heads.
Nice to see some newly painted FAA figures! The only 20mm WW2 figures I have Ieft are a couple of platoons of FAA British and Germans based up for skirmish games. Iirc I painted those in the late 90s.
ReplyDeleteThanks, I think that might be about when I did my German and Brit infantry platoons.
DeleteThose look quite nice. Beautiful work.
ReplyDeleteThanks, that's really nice to hear that as I laboured hard over these.
Delete