From the German 'Kabinettskriege' - Cabinet Wars: a period of limited conflict from the Peace of Westphalia (1648) to the French Revolution (1789).

Airborne Mobility

The 20mm British Airborne project is slowly approaching the conclusion, but not quite yet.  The latest instalment are three Jeeps, each with four removeable crew, to provide the force with some mobility.


The Jeeps are all the airborne variety by SHQ, including the trailer; the crews are by AB Figures and fit beautifully - they all have magnets in the seats of the Jeeps, and the figures so, they are really secure.  The decals were all home printed, and as I can't print white this means the decal sheet is white so I have to print a colour background that matches the vehicle.  They're not perfect but I'm quite pleased.

So, some close-ups.  First, the 'Command Jeep' with commander clutching a map, trying to work out where the bridge is, with his signaller, and radio, in the back.


Second, the 'Baggage-rack Jeep'.


And, third the 'Standard Jeep', which has a hook at the back for the trailer.


As can be seen, in this even closer-up image, the wash has tended to settle in the eye sockets giving some figures the appearance of black eyes.  I've left it as is, being 'Aggressive' troops in Chain of Command I think it only natural that several would be sporting black eyes.


Completed at the same time is a German staff car, that no doubt will be commandeered by the paras as they are allowed a 'car' in the support lists. 


All that remains to be finished are: the Airfix Horsa (which will have had a rough landing); supply canisters; and, collapsed/collapsing parachute canopies - the latter two from Empress Miniatures.



No comments:

Post a Comment